Growth and Development
Head of Laboratory, Professor David Manton
The Growth and Development section undertakes research in the areas of growth studies, paediatric dentistry, orthodontics and teledentistry.
Oral Anatomy, Medicine and Surgery (OAMS)
Head of Laboratory, Professor Michael McCullough
The section has strong research activities in Oral Anatomy, Oral Medicine and Pathology, Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery, Oral Histology, Oral Radiology and Forensic Odontology.
Oral Biology Research Group
Head of Laboratory, Professor Eric Reynolds
The Oral Biology Research Group researches oral diseases at the microbial, molecular and immunological level, with a view to the development of novel, effective and specific prevention and treatment strategies.
- Characterisation of biomineralising peptides and proteins
- Characterisation of novel P. gingivalis cell surface proteinase/adhesins
- Development of periodontal disease vaccines
- Graduate Research Opportunities
- The development of novel antimicrobial peptides from biological sources
- The proteomic analysis of oral bacterial pathogens
- Transcriptome analysis of oral bacterial pathogens
Population Oral Health and Periodontics
Head of Laboratory, Professor Ivan Darby
The Population Oral Health and Periodontics research section conducts a wide range of research in the areas of periodontics, implant dentistry, community oral heath, oral health promotion, and oral health policy.
Head of Laboratory, Associate Professor Peter Parashos
The Restorative Dentistry Section is responsible for teaching of dental materials science, pre-clinical operative dentistry, removable prosthodontics, fixed prosthodontics, endodontics, general practice, integrated dental practice, implant dentistry and occlusion in the Doctor of Dental Surgery course.