Honours 2020: 'How to Apply' Information Session
Honours at the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Honours gives you the opportunity to draw together your undergraduate biomedicine and health sciences studies and focus your knowledge and skills on an exciting piece of original research, adding significant value to your resume and creating a pathway towards PhD studies, a career as a researcher and other graduate courses such as the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences or Doctor of Dental Surgery.
Why should you attend this session?
- An opportunity to speak to the Faculty Honours Program Director Dr Chris French about the program
- Hear from our current students and alumni about their study experiences
- Discover the potential opportunities and pathways an Honours degree could lead you to
- Learn about the application process including where to look for projects and how to list your project preferences for the admissions team
- Find out about scholarship opportunities
Honours at the Melbourne Dental School
Thought we only research teeth? The Melbourne Dental School also covers basic and translational research relevant to many aspects of human health, including:
- Understanding how oral microbes can cause both oral and systemic diseases by interfering with the immune system
- Understanding the causes of oral cancer
- Developing novel therapeutic agents and delivery technologies to prevent these diseases or repair damaged tissues
Find out more about Honours at the Melbourne Dental School here.