Oral Anatomy and Forensic Odontology
+613 9341 1485
+61 03 9341 1485
Oral Anatomy and Forensic Odontology concerns itself with the following areas of Dental Research:
- Computer assisted 3D morphometrics of human cranio-facial anomalies
- Computer assisted 3D morphometrics for human identification.
- Lip prints as a genetically inherited feature.
- Studies of biological hard tissue, in particular bone
The research work with bone has included the measurement of morphological, mechanical and histomorphometric parameters and the development of image processing methods for the automatic measurement of histological features.
- The application of computer methods to the modeling of faces.
- Human bite-marks
- Archaeology from a facial and dental perspective.
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.