Outstanding Achievements of Melbourne Dental School's Orthodontics Students and Staff
Orthodontics students and staff at Melbourne Dental School have achieved remarkable success and prominence nationally and internationally recently, with accolades including thesis prizes, scholarships, keynote speaking engagements, and presentations at prestigious conferences.
The students and staff of Orthodontics at Melbourne Dental School have had significant success and prominence nationally and internationally recently. Their outstanding accomplishments include:
- The World Federation of Orthodontists awards three prizes for the best thesis - MDS graduates were two of the winners, Dr Mohammed Basheti and Dr Paul Lam.
- Raoul Mascarenhas won the Traveling Scholarship from the ASO (Australian Society of Orthodontists).
- Professor Marie Cornelis presented on 'Orthodontic Retention: Where Are We Now?' as the keynote speaker at the 98th European Orthodontic Society Congress in Oslo.
- Dr Daniel Lo-Cao, Dr James Zvirblis, Dr Ashley Freeman, and Dr Matthew Kei presented their research at American and European meetings.
- Associate Professor Paolo Cattaneo, Professor Marie Cornelis, and Associate Professor Paul Schneider presented at the Australian national meeting, where Daniel Lo-Cao won the best student poster award.
These achievements highlight the success and recognition attained by the students and staff of Orthodontics at Melbourne Dental School. Their contributions showcase their expertise and dedication, further establishing their reputation both nationally and internationally.