A/Prof. Menaka Abuzar
Telephone: +61 3 9341 1495
- BDS (Sri Lanka)
- BDS (Adelaide)
- Grad Cert University Teaching (Melbourne)
- Dip Clin Dent (Melbourne)
- MDSc (Prosthodontics, Melbourne)
- PhD (Bristol)
- MRACDS (Prosthodontics)
- Associate Professor (Restorative), Melbourne Dental School, The University of Melbourne.
- Senior Fellow, School of Rural Health, The University of Melbourne (Shepparton Campus).
- Specialist Prosthodontist, Royal Dental Hospital, Melbourne.
- 2011 to present Associate Professor (Restorative) University of Melbourne.
- 2004–2011: Senior Lecturer (Restorative and Population Oral Health), University of Melbourne.
- 2002-present: Specialist Prosthodontist, Royal Dental Hospital, Melbourne.
- 1999-2001: Postgraduate student in Prosthodontics, Melbourne Dental School, University of Melbourne.
- 1990-1995: Assistant Professor, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- 1985-1990: Lecturer, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- 1982-1985: PhD student and honorary clinician, University of Bristol, England.
- Educational research
- Population oral health
- Implant supported over-dentures and magnetic attachments
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- The use of Magfit IP-B magnetic over-denture attachments with two non-parallel implants: Determining the allowable/permissible angulations for insertion and removal of the mandibular denture.
- Rural outplacement program for dental undergraduates: Students’ perceptions
- Risk indicators and awareness of tooth wear among patients attending Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne.
- Review of formative clinical assessments of final year undergraduates at the Melbourne Dental School.
- Evaluation of clinical supervision: students’ and clinicians’ perceptions
- The Australian Dental Association (ADA).
- The Sri Lanka Dental Association.
- Member of the Academy of Australian New Zealand Prosthodontists.
- Member of the International Association of Dental Research.
- Coordinator of the DDS degree (Curriculum development and implementation)
- Coordinator, Clinical Outplacements including rural placements
- Coordinator, final year BDSc (5th year)
- Clinical and research supervisor, postgraduate specialists training course (DCD Prosthodontics)
- Teaching Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics including Implantology to undergraduate and graduate students