Dr. Chankhrit Sathorn
Telephone:+61 3 9341 1494
- MRACDS (Endo)
- 2008 Ernest Joske Research Award
“The award recognizes the significant contributions of the recipient to the discipline of dentistry. It is made triennially and is based on the impact of recipient's published works on dental science.”
- 2005 Melbourne International Research Scholarship
- 2005 Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarship
- Senior Lecturer in Endodontics
- Convener of Undergraduate Endodontics
- 2008-present: Senior Lecturer in Endodontics and Convener of Undergraduate Endodontics, The University of Melbourne.
- 2007-2008: Lecturer in Endodontics and Convener of Undergraduate Endodontics, The University of Melbourne.
- 2006-2007: Consultant in Specialist Endodontic Clinic, The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne.
- 2005-2008: PhD scholar, Endodontic Unit, Melbourne Dental School, The University of Melbourne.
- Biomechanics of dentine, applications of finite element analysis (FEA)
- Evidence-based dentistry
- Clinical research
- Rotary NiTi instruments
- Endodontic microbiology
- Computer applications in dentistry-An expert system (Treatment planning of dental trauma cases)
RECENTLY COMPLETED RESEARCH THEME
- Comprehensive studies on single and multiple-visit root canal treatment.
“Effectiveness and Efficiency: Systematic Reflections on Single- and Multiple-visit Root Canal Treatment” http://repository.unimelb.edu.au/10187/3128
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Surrogate endpoints in endodontics
- Endodontic irrigation
- See Dr. Sathorn's Find an Expert page at The University of Melbourne.
- Australian Society of Endodontology
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists
- International Association for Dental Research
- Australian Dental Association
- Problem-based learning
- A computer assisted instruction (CAI)
Recent development in rotary nickle-titanium technology has been fully utilized in clinical simulation lab and undergraduate teaching clinic.